CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 15

A Martha Stewart Easter

I have decided to legally change my name. No longer will I answer to such demeaning names like Traci, Trace-Dawg, TraceAnn or Mom. From this point on, you may now address me as Queen of the Crafts, the Mother Load of Artistic abilities or, if it is easier, you may simply call me Martha.
This year for Easter, I decided to attempt to go organic. Okay, not really. I attempted to artistically color our Easter Eggs. Darrel and the Jax-Man went four wheeling most of the day Saturday, so I figured that was the perfect opportunity for me to whip out my Martha charm and run to the local D.I. in search of repulsive silk ties. Here is what I found.....

And here is what I made....


Simply wonderful.

P.S. Don't try the ugliest orangy-peach tie you find on the rack. The colors do not transfer well!


Then, not wanting to end all of the fun there, I made my own dye so that the Jax-Man could color eggs, without the help of the WalMart. Here's to keepin' the little man in business....



Finally, I ended the night, making the largest sugar cookie known to man. It was DEL.I.CIOUS! Here's to you Mrs. Fields, home of the irrestible cakie. I owe all my greatest cooking accomplishments to you and the 400,000,000 degree oven I constantly burned myself on. Ah, sweet memories!


Here is my lovely kitchen at midnight. At this point, I still hadn't seen the Easter Bunny make his grand appearance.


We had a great Easter, full of good company, yummy and glorious food and irresistible naptime. I love holidays and the fun tricks I can learn while surfing the world wide web.



P.P.S. Here ya go, just because I can.

7 comments:

Angela said...

Ohhhhh your dirty. Just wait.... buhaaaaaaaaaaaa

Kelli said...

Those eggs are super cute.

Melissa said...

Well Martha, what's next? Your own TV show? Maybe your own Easter egg line? Very impressive!!

Misty Moncur said...

How did you do those eggs and what else can I make look like that? Those were adorable, Crafty Mama! (That was one of your names, right?)

Mitchell Family said...

WOW... I am impressed! SO cute and fun! From now on I will call you as miss craft woman of the year :)

Stephanie said...

Wow. I'm very impressed with your crafting skills. And you thought you didn't get the Martha gene?

Dave and Melissa said...

Love the eggs! You are craft. I want to learn :)