CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 15

Longest Drive of My Life

By Saturday, Darrel and I were tired of not having a TV so we grabbed my Best Buy gift certificate and headed into Salt Lake. We had no idea, that our short forty minute commute would end up taking us FIVE HOURS!
We were one of the five million vehicles stuck in the accident on I-80. As soon as we rounded the mountain at Lake Point, we ran into a thick black cloud of smoke and numerous emergency vehicles. We sat there for two hours, before they removed the median barriers, had us flip around and sent us back to Tooele. We decided to take the pass from Middle Canyon into Butterfield Canyon and ending in Bluffdale. By the time we hit Bluffdale, they were having a huge storm. What a crazy Saturday! Here are our pics.

Jaxon was getting bored. I had made him sit in his seat belt for the first hour afraid an emergency vehicle would rush to the scene and hit us while in pursuit. I finally let him free and he took to the drivers seat.


People started climbing out of their cars after about twenty minutes. These guys were playing catch. I saw one kid on a pogo stick, hopping down the emergency lane.

Darrel grabbed his binoculars to try to get a closer look.


Here is our pic of the damage. This was taken from our parking spot on I-80.


Darrel thought it would be a good idea to let his true redneck capabilities come out in public. He grabbed my camera, stuck the binoculours up to the lens and took a picture. This is his masterpiece.


The worst part of the whole trip was after being gone for around eight hours, Darrel came to bed at midnight, royally ticked off, because even with the digital converter we just paid $53.89 for, we only get channels 4, 13 and Qubo.

2 comments:

Marcie said...

YAY for QUBO!!! Postman Pat is my favorite!! On at 8:00 a.m. your time, 5:00 a.m. and 10:30. Watch and enjoy LOL

Melissa said...

You always make me laugh. Sorry, it's really not funny..