CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 19

Blemishes

Darrel went to Father and Sons last friday night, leaving Keston and I alone at home to conquer the world. When he returned on Saturday, he had what appeared to be a zit on his neck. It was one of those nasty juice filled ones. He tried to squeeze it but hardly had anything come out of it. That night, he went on a drive to Vernal to help his friend at Larry H. Miller with a dealer trade. He did not get home until three on Sunday morning. I left him and Jaxon in their beds, got Keston dressed and went to church. After I gave the opening prayer in Sunday School, a friend of ours leaned over to me and showed me a message he just received on his cell phone. It said, "Tell Traci to come home." (Or something like that.) I gathered my stuff and headed out the door. Apparently Darrel was suffering from the chills and had a fever. His neck "zit" was very painful too so we decided to run to Urgent Care. Turns out, it was either a bug bite or zit that got a staph infection. We got Darrel on an antibiotic, squoze ten tons of infection out of it and sent him to bed for the rest of the day.
Monday, I woke up with what I like to call a stress zit. You know, the ones that never produce anything, just grow and throb until you decide they need to be cut off with a butter knife sooner rather than later. Last night, it was still growing and aching. I got out one of my insulin syringes and tried to puncture it, hoping to relieve some of the pressure. It didn't work at all. I could not open my right eye because it was so swollen. I put a warm washcloth on it and went to bed. Today, it looks like a golf ball is hiding underneath the skin. I have a headache from hell and I can barely keep my eye open.

What should I do? Treat it like a zit and hope it goes away? Listen to my mother and go see the doctor, since she lovingly called me a unicorn this morning? Check my bed for bedbugs(is it possible Darrel and I both have the same thing at the same time?)?
I don't know what to do, except cry. I am pretty sure I already went through puberty. I remember it fondly. It was last year.

2 comments:

Janice said...

I agree with your mother, go to the doctor. Keston sure is growing isn't he?!

Dana said...

thanks for listening - take your meds, go to bed, and we'll pray it gets better.