When we potty trained the Jax-Man a few months ago, it was so easy. We waited until he was ready instead of trying to make him go when I was ready and it worked really well for us. He was successfully potty trained in less than a day. As of today, he has wet his pants six times at the babysitters house. (He has never wet his pants at home.) The other night we were over at Mike & Kellis house and he went to the bathroom three times in an hour. 

He also begs for something to drink constantly. It is always "Mom, I firsty." He can drink a whole bug juice in two minutes flat. Given, his mom can do the same with her 44 oz refill, but he is still three years old. Then, he will wait like five minutes and tell me his is "firsty" again.
Another thing he does lately is ask for food. He always wants to eat. He is constantly in the fridge, pantry or candy cubbies, looking for his next treat. He always eats his dinner. I send him to the babysitter with a yogurt for breakfast and a peanut butter sandwich, string cheese and a fruit snack for lunch. Usually, I sneak a little treat in his bag too. It never fails though, he is always hungry still.
This is where my paranoia sets in. I can't help but remember twenty years ago when I was eight. I remember waking up each morning in a puddle of urine and being so worried that I would never have a sleepover again. I remember the feeling of never being able to satisfy my thirst. My mouth was always dry and chalky. I would drink and drink and drink and drink, which in turn would cause me visit the bathroom more than usual. I remember always being hungry and wanting to eat all day. I also remember the day I was taken to doctor to see what was wrong and having been sent directly to Primary Childrens Medical Center because my blood sugar was in the 800's. I remember being sat on and held down so that my mom, dad and neighbors could give me an insulin shot. I remember sneaking a bottle of Butterscotch Ice Cream topping into my room and hiding it under my bed. I remember my mom waking my whole family up sporatically to test their blood sugar in the middle of the night to calm her worst fears.
I snuck into Jaxons room this morning at 5:30 to test his blood sugar. He woke up the minute I poked his finger and smeared blood all over the bed sheet. I did not get the test done, but I will try again tonight!










6 comments:
ah yes, the sporatic midnight wake ups!! everytime I would get up for a drink of water or wake up with my own "puddle of urine" at 3 years old and having my finger pricked. many a time did I get my fingers pricked :)
Best of luck, you are lucky that you know the signs though and have the supplies to check up on him.
Don't be paranoid :)
I really hope its not what youre thinking for your sake. Just a little fyi my daughter drinks a TON of water and always wants to eat so hopefully its just an age thing.
Oh and she has been potty trained for a year and a half and is all of a sudden having accidents sporatically.
Traci, I know we have spoken about this about Nikolas before too! Just remember, Kids go thru spurts at all times! Hopefully he is just growing and needing more nutrition! Good Luck with the "poke" and if you need help, let me know. I am now infamous for it at our office! ;)
Good luck, I hope it is nothing. Our poor little children, turns out that Lilli might have asthma, after all. Good luck it scary to be Mom.
I think I even got pricked once at your house! :) I hope it's not diabetes. I feel for you after watching Jay deal with it. I worry about our kids too.
Post a Comment