The Unrein household has added two more to our family of three. We now have two lovely parakeets. We went to the pet store on Friday night with Matt and Holly and somehow ended up looking at the birds. We enjoy having a pet around the house, but a dog proved to be too much for both our busy schedules and my husbands patience. To make a long story short, we went back into Salt Lake on Saturday with our neighbors and bought two birds. They have been fun to have. They already know how to poop on the newspaper, if we cover their cage with a blanket at night, they do not make a sound until we uncover the cage in the morning and Jax now has a permanent babysitter for the next 10-15 years. Yesterday, he pulled up his little recliner, grabbed a few of his books and read to the birds for about an hour. It was awesome! They are beginning to let us hold them now too. That is Jaxons favorite part. I have to watch him though because nine times out of ten if I can not find him, he is in front of the cage with the door wide open and both his arms inside trying to get one of the birds to perch on his index finger.
Speaking of Jaxon, can you punish a child for saying a swear word if he told you he learned it from his dad? Or do you punish the dad? Hmmm! I can not tell you how many times a day I nag my husband to watch his language. I had no idea that those adjectives I learned in 9th grade English, I would never need. I was thinking that Chemistry or PE would've fit more into that category. So, its official, besides the birds, I have the cleanest mouth in our home and I can not honestly say that I did not see this day coming!
I was shocked and pleased to learn that last Monday when my husband called me at work wondering if I had seen the keys to his work truck, he found them by himself. I am also pleased and extremely shocked that the truck was not stolen out of our driveway. You see, the keys were still in the ignition of the $50,000.00 truck that was packed with around $45,000.00 of inventory. Ah, the sweet town of Tooele. I love my honest neighbors!
Monday, March 31
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










3 comments:
Wouldn't it be nice to punish your husband. I know it would for me.
Those birds sound like fun. I would love a picture of Jaxon in front of the cage. I bet he looks so cute reading to them. What are their names?
See what happens when you come over to the dark (aka west) side?? This is only the beginning! Lol ;)
Post a Comment