I think I may be finally catching up. Last night Darrel had a meeting, so while he was gone, Jaxon and I attempted to get the Christmas Tree out. In order to put the tree up, I needed to get all the decorations off of my floor and onto my walls. I bought a shelf at IKEA a while ago, but between my husband and I, we never got the shelf hung, so I had a stack of decor lining all corners of my living room. Last night the mission was accomplished. 
After about eight wall anchors, we finally got the shelf situated on the wall where I liked it and started loading it up. It was fun to get some character into my home. I have lived there for four years but if you looked at my decorating, it would seem that I was just moving in. I think I still need to call in the Pro's to help me design the contents of the shelf, but overall. It was a success. My mom was also going to give this little white shelf to the DI, so I snagged it away from her and found the perfect spot for it on one of my walls. My house is starting to feel warm and inviting. Now, if I could just figure out how to teach my husband that we do not have to collect garbage. It can be thrown away!
After my home decorating stint, I finally got the Christmas Tree out of the box. It only took me approximately three hours to put up, but it is up and NAKED! I was worn out by 10:00 last night, so our tree is lacking lights and ornaments. One day I will get that done too, but for now, The inside of my house is finally starting to look as festive as the outside!










4 comments:
At least you don't have boxes everywhere, or a babies room that needs to be cleaned out in the next 9 weeks. You dong better than me, good job. I need to come see you decor they look nice.
Your house looks good. Can you come and decorate mine? My tree is naked too. I think it makes my tree original. Every other tree has decorations on it. BORING!!
I LOVE the shelf! It looks great, and it only took you 2 months to finally hang up all those decorations you bought. I need to come see it in person now.
I joined, now what?
Post a Comment