CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 12

Christmas Craft Night



Last night, Jaxon and I tackled Christmas. We started painting some wood picture frames that I am using for a gift. He wanted to paint too so I found a old board from last years Christmas gifts and let him paint that. I am starting to get extremely stressed because Christmas is coming way too fast. I do not know if I am going to make it.

The outside of my house looks so festive right now. I have white Christmas lights strung neatly from my rain gutter, courtesy of me, beautiful Christmas snow on my lawn, courtesy of Mother Nature and yummy warm snacks left on my porch from my wonderful neighbors. The inside of my house is another story. I do not have the Christmas Tree up yet, I do not have any decorations out of storage for the Christmas Holiday and I do not have any Christmas packages wrapped. I do have dirty dishes in the sink, clean laundry on the floor and MAC Tools invoices all over my kitchen table. I am stressed out. Isn't Christmas supposed to be "Merry and Bright?" Maybe they reserve that phrase for people who do not work full time, don't have a horrible church calling (its only horrible in December), raise a family, can keep a clean house and do not have a husband who works overtime trying to make the self employment business work for him!
Merry Freakin' Christmas! I hope that I can get something checked off of my list today!

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Don't worry Traci, I feel the same way and I don't work. Your doing great, and if you want help just call.

Katherine said...

You could be antisocial and single like me, then you'd have NOTHING to do! But, I'd give it up for a family of my own to make the holiday worth celebrating. The grass is usually greener on the side you're on! Days come one at a time, so all you can do is take them as they come. You'd hate to be the ONLY perfect one around!

The Nielsen Family said...

I think it stresses everyone out. I just read about someone else that postponed Christmas til April last year because of a death in the family, all her kids couldn't make it home, and all the other stress. They left their decorations up until then and had it when Christ's real birthday was.