CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 23

Another Day, Another Couple Hundred Dollars!?

The mood in our home has been dragging lately because of our tax situation. We still owe a couple thousand dollars to the government for sales taxes and we had to clean out all our accounts just to pay our income taxes. If I had known that this quarters income was going to be less than a third of what we did last quarter, I would have saved a lot more money than I did.
After trying to finagle Koobies tax return from her, in trade for the Subie Doo, I felt sick. I realized I would have to buckle and take out another loan. That is until I went to the mailbox yesterday. I got a letter from our insurance company. Inside, it had a letter that told us we had been claim free for five years. That meant that they were cutting us back a check for $560.00 to thank us for our hard work! AWESOME! I know it is not near enough, but with what I have saved the last few weeks I am a little closer to tackling the newest money speed bump in our lives! HOORAY! Lets give a huge round of applause to American National Insurance Company. You guys rock(this week)!

P.S. Jax and I did the most breathtaking dance last night when I opened the letter. Breathtaking as in I over exerted myself and could not breath, not breathtaking as in a beautiful piece of art work.

3 comments:

The Nielsen Family said...

You must be paying your tithing!

Misty Moncur said...

That is amazing! Plus, good job on being claim free.

me said...

i absolutely love how open and honest you are about everything! Shouldnt be surprised cuz thats the way its always been but I LOVE reading your blog!!