I love sitting beneath a glowing christmas tree in my living room at night, admiring the timeless ornaments from mine, my husbands and my sons past christmases. It brings such a happy, peaceful and somber feeling into our home. I love getting out all two of my rubbermaid storage containers filled/crammed with decorations to display through out my house. I love baking sugar cookies in my oven, delivering neighbor gifts in the cold and listening to the sounds of Christmas on the radio. I love sitting on a bench in the middle of the mall, watching shoppers rush from store to store, making sure to get everything on their list before time runs out. I love feeling the redneck inside of me come out as I replace a few of the broken light bulbs on the strands I left attached to the roof all year long. I love the smell of my moms stove top holiday incense cooking all afternoon. I love taking each piece of my nativity out and and explaining its significance to Jaxon. I love everything about Christmas.............Almost.

I really wish that I could say that I love my Christmas Tree, but to do so, would be a flat out lie. I dread putting it up every year. I love how full and pretty it is when it is finally all put together, but to get to the "Lovin' It" stage, takes a lot of work. My tree comes in millions of parts and pieces. First, I get to assemble the tree stand, using five seperate pieces. Then, I build up the "trunk" of the tree from four other peices. When I have all that together, I then start the long, horrible and deadly process of connecting each branch to the tree according to its color code. I am telling you, this tree requires science. I hate it. It usually takes me around five or six hours total. By the time it is finished, my hands are raw, my legs are cramped, my butt is numb and my hair is coming out in thick blond chunks. I keep telling myself that I will buy a new one but, lets face it, I am too cheap.
Tonight, though, I am going to tackle the tree. Wish me luck. I hope I survive.
4 comments:
i love this.
I will have Mike come right over, just tell him it is crocked. That might fix your problem as it did mine.
I hated the color coded tree too. It gives me rashes on my arms. I finally broke down and bough a pre-lit tree last year. Love it and I don't have to listen to scrooge about how he hates putting up the lights. Good luck!
I can SOOOO relate to this. I love Christmas, but we've gone without a tree the last few years because we aren't willing to fight the stupid tree.
Post a Comment