CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 20

Personal Progress Night

Tomorrow for our Young Womens activity, we are doing a personal progress night. Instead of doing the usual movie and pajamas, we wanted to do an easy little craft with 1" wood blocks. I made one to show the girls and I think it turned out pretty cute. Our theme this month is Individual Worth.
I really wanted to add a heavy wire out of the top, that swirls at the tip, for a picture. I grabbed a hanger out of my closet and went to town. After an hour or so, I got frusterated and bagged the idea. Anyway, this cost the Young Womens budget around $1.50, which is great since we have 1/8 of what the Young Mens/Scouting budget is.

7 comments:

Kelli said...

Cute! great job Traci. I tired to get my YW Pres. do make something like that and she said no it would be a waste.

Brett and Andrea Evers said...

Such a cute idea. I love it. It sure was fun to visit with you guys last weekend.

Tiff said...

those are really cute!! your very talented!!

Teea Lamb said...

You are so talented! Those are really cute!

Misty Moncur said...

I loved, LOVED getting stuff like that at Young Women's. You are doing a good thing.

Marcie said...

1/8? whats with the sexism?? Girls need projects and camps and everything the boys get! This really frosts my cookies!!!!

Cute craft though!

The Nielsen Family said...

those are cute!