CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 6

A Few Things about The Jax Man

Lately, Jaxon has been obsessed with a few church related things. The first he got in Primary on Sunday. It is a CTR ring. He loves it and is constantly asking me which finger you are supposed to wear your ring on. His fingers are so small that we spend more time looking for it around the house than actually wearing it. He loves everything about it. He loves that he now has a ring like his mom. He loves that he got it from his class and he loves that it is his very own.

The other thing that he is obsessed with is his new BYU hat. He said that all he wanted for Christmas was a red light saber and a BYU hat. My mom ended up buying one and we rigged the Christmas Eve present game so that he could open it. He has not taken it off since. The other night at eleven I heard him in his room rustling around. The next morning I realized he had gotten out of bed and put the hat in his backpack so that I would not forget to pack it for the babysitters house. It is the first article of clothing he puts on in the morning and usually the last to come off before bed. I even let him sleep in it once. I love how big he is getting.

Jax loves to read. We frequently read book, after book, after book at our house. A few months ago, he was struggling with listening to mom and dad and controlling the back talking. I decided to sit down with him everynight for a week and read a verse out of the bible. It was the commandment about "Honoring your father and your mother." We would talk about what it meant to honor and respect them. There were nights he dreaded reading it, but most nights he was the one reminding me about it. Darrel and I decided that for Christmas this year, we were going to get him the Scripture Stories for children. I went to the Distribution Center and was not impressed with their selection. I went to Deseret Book and Seagull book and still walked away empty handed. Then I turned to my friends in cyberspace. This is what I found.....!

He absolutely loves it. The first night we opened it, we read seventy four pages. 74! It is a great book of scripture stories that a father wrote and illustrated with his childrens legos. He tells the stories in a language that the kids can understand and then he gives the actual scripture referrences too. It is called "The Brick of Mormon" and you can find more abou it HERE.

This kid is growing up so fast. I cannot believe it. I love this stage. I love all kid stages!

7 comments:

Kelli said...

Not to mension that Jordy almost choked on the ring. Yeah that was great!

Angela said...

I bet his Dad loves the BYU hat...

John and Charese said...

SO CUTE! I am going to have to look into this book, it sounds awesome. 74 pages.... WOW~ no way would my boys sit that long, that is AMAZING! You got a good boy!

Misty Moncur said...

One night I asked my kids if they knew who Nephi was and they said NO. I could not believe I had not taught them from the BOM. They love Bible stories, but I guess we've neglected the BOM stories. The Brick of Mormom looks really cute, we'll have to give it a try.

When Zach was about 3, he got a Nike hat and wore it mmmm...for about a year straight. Bedtime. Bathtime. You name it. Someone said her kid did that too and to just enjoy it because it wouldn't last forever. She was right.

Nicole said...

That book looks so awesome! I think I need to buy it now.

Brittany Merrill said...

We better get him a U of U hat to love!!

Stephanie said...

I loved the Brick of Mormon Stories. I had to mention it on my All Things Inspired Blog. Thanks.