CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 11

Mothers Day

I can't believe that it is already the middle of May. Time is sure flying by. Mother's Day weekend at our house was so busy. I had the bright idea to buy a couple of vases at Wally World, etch something on the glass and then fill them with gorgeous flowers. Here is how it ended up.
* Purchase two vases at Wally World - CHECK
* Browse internet for three hours looking for clever sayings about Moms, Growing and Love - CHECK
* Decide to just etch Happy Mother's Day - CHECK
* Cut out vinyl for etching project - CHECK
* Apply vinyl to vase - CHECK
* Using a paintbrush, spread cream all over the saying - check
* Wait eight minutes - CHECK
* Rinse off vase and remove vinyl - CHECK
* Admire your handiwork - CHECK, CHECK
* Drop your son off at a birthday party - CHECK
* Head to Utah County for a baby shower - CHECK
* Look for the nearest Sams Club for flowers - CHECK
* Find flowers - FAIL
* Look for two other Sams Clubs - CHECK
* Find flowers - FAIL
* Look for Walmart - CHECK
* Find flowers that were not brown and dying - FAIL
At this point, I am out of options and time. So, I head back to T-town in time for a hot date with my significant other. Around ten thirty Saturday night, I head back to Wally World and start shopping. I bought glass rocks, sugar free shortbread cookies, spice drops, jelly beans, skewers and starbursts. Now, it was time to create some magic. Here is what the Jax-Man and I ended up with.

The top of the bouquet.

The etching on the vase.

The finished project.

I was so busy worrying about everything on my to-do list that I tripped over this treasure three times before noticing it was a new addition to the garage.

Thanks Darrel and Jax. I love it (and coincidentally, so will my thighs, butt and love handles)!

6 comments:

Kellie said...

Congrats on the new bike. It looks awesome, and you mothers day vases turned out so cute. Love them!

Mitchell Family said...

U R AMAZING!!! Those turned out sooo cute! Better than if they were filled with real flowers :)

Matt and Liz said...

How creative are you?! So cute! I wish I had talent like you! Beautiful!

Teea Lamb said...

You are so clever! I love those vases and flowers! Very cute!

Savanna said...

Those vases are SO super cute. I think that ended up turning out better than real flowers. Oh, and the bike sounds fun. I got one 2 years ago and it's fun.

Tiff said...

ok, so you are a modern "martha stewart"!! you are so freakin' amazingly creative!! those were so stinkin' cute!! way to go!!