I am a creature of habit. I like to do things in ways that I know are tried and true, by me, of course. Ever since Darrel got the boot at his former place of employment, I have been given the opportunity to work on my habits. There is one in particular that I consider myself to be a super-powered pro at. It falls under a category called procrastination.
I have successfully procrastinated on the necessity of doctors appointments. I have had three diabetes check ups that I have rescheduled because I could not afford the copay. I even let Darrel super glue Jaxons eye one night when he conveniently sliced it open on the corner of the bed. I didnt have the moolah for Instacare or the Emergency Room. I thought if I could put it off, maybe we wouldn't need to go at all. Turns out, I had the right idea. Jaxons eye looks great and the super glue finally wore off enough to let him actually open his eye again.
About two months ago, when Darrel first got the ax, I was driving home from work and my left hand started aching. I couldnt hold onto the steering wheel, because it caused horrendous pain. I drove home with my right hand and occasionally used my left hand to turn on the blinkers. One morning, over Labor Day weekend, while camping at Soapstone, I woke up and could not move my left hand ring finger. Well, being the procrastinator that I am, I put off going to the doctor. It only hurt when I tried doing thigs like the dishes, my hair, tucking in my shirts, filing paperwork at the office, holding onto the steering wheel, making dinner....you get the idea.
Luckily, Darrel recently secured himself a nice, cozy position here in town, so I was able to lure the procrastinator in me to a nice, quaint doctors visit. After having my hand yanked, twisted, pushed, pulled, rolled and thwacked, the doctor determined that I have a cyst on a tendon on the underside of my knuckle. He referred me to an orthopedic surgeon.
I am pretty sure I will procrastinate booking that appointment. He said he's almost positive they will puncture it with a needle the size of Neptune and drain it. I am thinking I dont have enough money for the Emergency Room visit after they recessitate me.
Thursday, October 15
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










4 comments:
Trace!!!! Yopu know you have a cousin who works with the best Hand surgeon there is!!! Give us a call before you go see someone. I know your not rushing to make that appointment.... but give us a call!
What job did Darrel get, and congrats to him!
Amy
Oh shiz... I had no idea all that was going on in your life! I'm so sorry... but don't procrastinate the dr apt!
Ok, I am sending you some mulah and you will get yourself into your DIABETES appts!! I won't let you put your health off. No way, no how and no questions asked!! Let go of that pride and ask for help, I am always here even if it's just for a co pay!
I had no idea about your hand. I'm sorry to hear that. Does it hurt when you are combing your mullet? Or when you need to restrain someone with handcuffs?
Post a Comment