CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 6

Labor Day Fun

Over Labor Day weekend, Darrel, Jaxon and I went camping at Soapstone with Darrels family. We had a lot of fun and were glad that we got to go. We sold our camp trailer recently and were worried about going camping in our tent. Luckily, we had the chance to rent a 17' trailer that worked out perfect. We spent Saturday on a four wheeler ride. We rode to a place called Lightning Ridge. You can walk right up to the edge of a cliff and look out at the Mountain Range and it is gorgeous. Darrel and I were in charge of dinner that night, so in true Unrein fashion, we deep fried anything we could think of. JK! We made steak fingers and fried potatoes. It was yummy!

On Sunday afternoon it started raining. It rained most of the rest of our stay. Jaxon and his cousins had a lot of fun playing in it though. Jaxon and Lilli caught rain dripping from the trailer awning in their mouths. After they got soaking wet then, Jaxon and Zak rode their bikes through the mud puddles. I think we went through two pairs of pants and three pairs of tennies. I got mad at Darrel for packing so many pairs of shoes for Jaxon, but I guess he was on the right track. Later Sunday afternoon, Darrel and his brothers went to shoot their guns. I stayed behind with my sister in law and we watched the kids. They drove us nuts. I tried to play cards with them, but they kept going out of turn or slapping the Kings instead of the Jacks. I get agitated pretty easily and the kids were driving me up the wall. So we decided to let them play horseshoes. Then they got in trouble for not playing with the big old horseshoes nicely. I saw something move out of the corner of my eye so I turned my head to see what it was. There was a mole sticking his head out of his little hole in the ground. So I called all the kids over and they sat and watched the mole for a good 15 minutes, until they decided it was more fun to fill the hole with dirt than to wait for the mole to keep poking its head out.When we left Monday morning, it was raining again. I had a lot of mud to scrub out of the trailer before we could return it, but it was worth it. It was a blast. Even Jaxon made it clear to Monday morning before throwing up! ( I think the altitude gets to him, because everytime we have a camping trip planned, he gets a fever the day we get parked and he starts throwing up!)

We can't wait until we can go out again.

No comments: