This past week was a crazy one. We celebrated Thanksgiving with the Unreins this year. We had a nice dinner and even enjoyed a couple of hours on the Wii following our feast. I love watching people put their game faces on when they start playing the Wii. I think that Holly has the best overall game face so far, especially when she kicked Matts trash at boxing! Us Unrein women are pretty tough, despite what our husbands say!
On Friday morning, Holly and I headed out to brave the Black Friday shoppers. After taking the journey to Fashion Place Mall last year at Midnight on Black Friday, I was 100% sure I wanted to stay at home this year, however a great SALE was calling to me and it overruled the urge to stay at my humble abode! So, at 4:30 a.m. Friday morning, Holly and I headed to Rod Works in Draper for our picture rods. After stopping at two Burger Kings and finding the restaurants deserted, we landed at Einsteins, got a bagel and hot chocolate and went to brave the Home Decorating crowds. After Rod Works, we stopped at Tai Pan Trading. Holly and I found the cutest little metal candle holders and bought them as our neighbor gifts for Christmas. In true Traci bragging fashion, I would like to take a moment to point out that on the way home, we noticed that my pack of twelve candle holders totaled a whopping $1.94 and Hollys twelve totaled a whopping $23.28. Hmmm. Sweet deal for me, I'd say! We also stopped at Shopko because they had The Office - Season 2 on sale. We did not make it time to partake of that great buy however, we did find a Nissan Pathfinder in the parking lot that was stuffed clear to the roof with toys. I could not believe that it was only 9:00 a.m. and that SUV was already full. Plus, the driver of the vhicle was still in Shopko. Who knows where in the world they were going to stick their purchases from that stop! Anyway, here is a proof!
That afternoon we headed back into Salt Lake, this time with our families in tow, for some lunch. We ended up doing a little more shopping at Sears and Old Navy, which was totally worth it because my husband finally bought me the sewing machine he promised me two years ago for Christmas. We had a blast with the Unreins from the West side and cant wait to go out again.
That night, Darrel, Jax and I headed out to the Tye Family Cabin in Heber. We got there at around 10:00 that night and watched Hairspray. What a fun show. Darrel hated it, but I thought it was great and Kellie can do a wicked impression of their dancing skills! It was nice to relax and enjoy the peace, calm and relaxing atmosphere of Heber Valley. I cant wait until it is our turn again!
Oh yeah, one more thing. Darrel went to Cal Ranch on Wednesday night and purchased himself a safe. Nice, huh! That is one thing off of his little Christmas Wish List. Now, I just have to decide between getting him the Ducks Unlimited watch or the snow plow for his ATV. To quote one of my all time favorite movies, "Decisions are the worst!" (Especially really expensive ones!)
It was sure hard to get up for work this morning, but to look on the bright side, when the alarm went off this morning and I was swearing under my breath at the buzzing that woke me up from my sweet dream with Mr. Beckham, I noticed the time was only 4:30 and I could sleep for another hour. Good thing I got up for Black Friday, so that in a twisted sort of way, I could squueze in just one more hour of much needed sleep!










3 comments:
That is right Unrein girls Rule. We can take anyone. I would like to bring to your attention that, it is an Xtera not a Pathfinder, if it was there would still be room.
All I can say is... Who needs Marriage counselors when you can duke it out on Wii?
Post a Comment