CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 26

What I've Learned

In life, I like to make lists. I make a list when I grocery shop, so that I will not buy more junk food than we need at our home. Most of the time, I leave it on my counter on the way out of the door. I make a list in preparation for the big deer hunt. You know, the biggest holiday ever celebrated in Tooele. Usually by the time we pull the trailer out of the driveway, the list is wrinkled, marked up and stained, but I remember to bring the whole kitchen! If I am feeling super energized, I make a list of things that I need to accomplish for the day. That list is way too long for me to even come close to completing, so usually, it ends up as a coaster for my Diet Coke. Once in High School, I even tried to make a list of things that made me happy and things that made me sad as an attempt to cheer myself up. That failed! My sad list way outnumbered my happy list.
Since I have been a member of the blogging world for almost a lifetime (or since August, which seems about as long), I thought I would keep up with tradition and write myself a list titled, "What Blogging Has Taught Me." Here are the top five on my list.
5.) I Have An Addiction.
I already knew that I was addicted to the Holiday Oil, 44 0z guzzler, filled 3/4 full of Diet Pepsi, 8 squirts of vanilla and topped off with Diet Dr. Pepper. I can read any book within a days time, even working full time, being a mom and being in the Primary Presidency because I am addicted to reading. Who knew that I could spend countless hours on the internet looking at the life stories of people I have never even heard of and checking up on the pasttimes of family members who live two minutes away? Yes, I have an addiction.
4.) Nobody Asked Me.
Clearly if they had, I would see updates on their bogs more frequently. Despite how much it irks me, people will only update their blogs on their time. I guess that means I should change number 4 to: I Need To Learn Patience!
3.) It's A Scary World Out There.
It amazes me how much information that people are willing to offer over the internet. I know that I have been guilty of this before but I am working on fixing it. I think how easy it would be to meet someone at the park, because they talk about going every Tuesday. I think about how easy it would be to rob the one person who has the countdown on their blog to their big family vacation. I remember the pictures of my friends cute little kids playing in the bathtub and wondering who besides me is looking at it. Times are changing and it scares me!
2.) Cyberspace Is Full Of Highs And Lows.
Sometimes when I look at others profiles, I wonder what it would be like to live their life for a while. It seems there are always aspects of anothers life that I would love to experience. Then on the other side, there are certain things that make me grateful for what I have.
1.) I Do NOT Miss High School.
I have found a lot of people that I went to High School with while searching out the blogging empire. Some of those I have found, I have been happy to drop a quick hello. Others, not so much! I don't have fond memories of High School. While browsing through blogs I was reminded of my two pitty dates to boys choice dances, being bribed to try out for the cheerleading squad....3X, getting phone calls from guys asking me if my friend had been asked to the dance yet...the list may go on and on. I miss my friends that were my lifesavers in High School but not the lifestyle you have to lead to make it through that period alive!
Well, there is my list. I wonder if anyone made it through the whole post? Hmm....

6 comments:

Kelli said...

I did it I made it Traci, I say Amen. I love to read your bloggs.

Amanda Tye said...

I totally agree with everything you said. But most of all, i do not miss high school.

Lynndi said...

I almost didn't make it through because Bree decided she was bored. Could you make sure your next post keeps my 3 month old intertained!!

The Nielsen Family said...

Made it through. Enjoyed the list.
Lori

Holly said...

Man alive Traci....No one would want to rob us. There is nothing anyone would like to have in our home!
And even if they did want to take the YELLOW FOURWHEELER IN THE GARAGE WITH THE KEY IN IT, they wouldn't get past our nosey neighbors!!! lol!! ;)

krista said...

Hi Traci,
I am so glad that you found my blog and I found yours! Your little boy is so cute!! I also, do not miss high school!