CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 22

Primary Program

Last weekend was the deer hunt. I loved it! I actually got the opportunity to stay home while Darrel took Jaxon out to show him the ropes. They had a blast together. I had a blast alone! Jaxon told me that he saw one of the boys in camp gut his deer. Our conversation went something like this...
ME: "Did you see one of the boys take the inside of his deer out?"
JT: "Ya."
ME: "Oooh, was it gross?"
JT: "Nope."
ME: "Was it cool?"
JT: "Nah."
ME: "Was it weird?"
JT: "Uh-huh!"
Darrel said that he took Jaxon out on opening morning to sit on the hillside and scope out the deer. He said that Jax sat still and did not throw rocks, whisper or whine the whole time. I am very impressed, since I struggle every week at church to get him to sit down, be quiet and hold still. Speaking of church...
On my way out of church on Sunday, I got handed a paper from Jaxons primary teacher. It had his part for the primary program. I always love the primary program season because the children are all so cute on the stand. When I was in the presidency, I had a horrible time adjusting to being on the stand instead of admiring with the congregation. Okay, back to the story. His teacher handed me his part for the program. I took it home and read over it. It is a simple one liner and he gets to fill in the blank at the end of it. When I showed it to him on Monday when he returned home from hunting he was ready to fill in the blank. For some peculiar reason, his dad is cheering on his "filler." I think I will try to work on it while his dad is at work. Maybe I can get him to change his mind. Here is the question....
"I am thankful for __________________."
And here is what he is adamant about saying....
"I am thankful for DEER HUNTING!"
WISH ME LUCK. I have two weeks to remind him that he is forever thankful for his MOM.

6 comments:

The House that James Built said...

i'm finally here!!! yay! what a cute family trac! sexy cowboy husband...way to go! xoxo

Kelli said...

Now just tell Jax that sacrament meeting is like deer hunting maybe he will be quit then. Say we need to be quit just like you were deer hunting.

Tiff said...

your little man is so stinkin' cute and funny!!

John and Charese said...

LOVE the family picture on the left. SO CUTE! Sounds exciting! Good luck with that... but hopefully he says what he is thankful for instead of what he said last time in his primary talk! :)

Brett and Andrea Evers said...

I love reading your blog. It cracks me up! Jaxon does the cutest things.

Teea Lamb said...

Your family pictures are so cute. And I love reading about your adorable Jaxon. He is so funny!