CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 27

Progress

We are making progress on the whole Primary Program issue. Not real excellent progress, but progress none the less. Here is a little recap of our bedtime conversation last night.....
ME: Jax, what are you going to be thankful for in church?
JT: I am thank you for Deer Hunting.
DARREL(with a huge proud grin): Yea, good job Jaxon.
Jax sits on the bed for a few minutes in deep thought while the news shows football highlights in the background.
JT: I am thank you for BYU.
DARREL (with his infamous scowl): We are not thankful for BYU, we hate* BYU.
JT: Uncle Kevin loves BYU. Grandpa Tye likes BYU.
DARREL: But, we don't. They are not allowed in our home.
(PAUSE)
JT(grinning): I am thank you for BYU.
Darrel groans in disgust and rolls over. TRANSLATION: This conversation is over.
Way to stick to your guns Jax. At least we are headed in the right direction. It seems a little better to mention the Lords football team over the pulpit instead of the killing of helpless animals.
______________________________________________________
*HATE is an uncommon term in our home. I try to teach JT that while we may not care for something, it is not nice or respectful to say that it is hated. However, Darrel finds the word HATE very appropriate when talking about BYU. I think it stems from the time he wore wranglers to Youth Conference at BYU and was asked by someone working on campus to go and change because his pants were too tight. It does not matter how many times I hear him tell the story, I still think it is hilarious!

4 comments:

Karin. said...

i love him!

Kellie said...

You should try and get Jaxon to say that he is thankful for his aunt Kellie. That would be perfectly church appropriate.

Misty Moncur said...

HaHa! I love it!

The Nielsen Family said...

Tell him that all of us at our house are thank you for BYU!