CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 23

Mr. Jax

About a month ago, I was talking to one of my sweet cousins. We were discussing having children. She told me that she was nervous to start having kids because everytime she asks someone about their children, they tell her it is harder than they thought it would be and it changes your whole life. She told me that she just wanted someone to tell her that they love it and that they would not trade it for the world.
Yesterday, our YW lesson was on homemaking and housekeeping. There was a story linked to the lesson about a woman who asked her class what their goals were and not one of them said, "To be a mom!" It broke my heart.
So, YW of the Droubay Ward and cute N.T., here is why I love being a mom and can't wait until it is my turn for another one.....

Every morning as I pull a drowsy Jaxon out of bed, and bundle him up, to take him to the babysitters, he squeezes me tight and falls alseep on my shoulder. I would not trade it for the world. It helps me get through the long work day.

Jaxon brings the spirit into our home. After church yesterday, he told me all about Satan and how we have to build up a wall so he can not get to us. He also informed me that Satan is Jesus' bad brother. Every night when I tuck Jaxon into bed, he tells me that he misses Jesus and wants to go live with him again. It melts my heart. There is never a night when he forgets to say his prayers. He has such a strong spirit and gives our house the little extra umph that we usually need.

On Saturday, Darrel and I had an argument. I started crying while talking on the phone to him. Jax came over to me and put his arm around me. After I hung up with Darrel, I went to my room and layed down for a minute. Jaxon came in about three minutes later with two stuffed animals, one for me and one for him, and laid right beside me until I felt better. Then he whispered, "I love you, Mom!"

He loves to help. I was working on a vinyl order Saturday when I heard the sink running in the kitchen. I asked him what he was doing and he said, "I am helping you do the dishes, Mom." He loves to wipe the dust off of the TV, shelves, cabinets, counters, floor, books, etc. and loves to do the laundry. Nine times out of ten, he is standing right beside me, adding ingredients to our dinner cooking on the stove. When I am worn out and ready to fall over, he is there as my personal assistant ready to tackle the jobs I despise the most.

When I enter the door at Kelli's to pick him after a long day at the office, as soon as hears me, he runs toward me, jumps into my arms and gives me the biggest, tightest hug you could ever imagine.

He keeps me laughing. He is always trying to make up his own silly jokes. He loves to put on wigs and jump on the bed with me. His favorite activity is to turn up the music and dance his little heart out. He thinks fart-kisses are the bees knees and he loves to do his own special "sweet moves" when he sword fights.

I have to admit, there is a little truth in what she has heard. Kids are hard. The constant "Mom" over and over again, can really get to you somedays. But, those days are few and far in between. When I look back at all the things I have done in my life, Jaxon is my greatest achievement. He keeps me sane, he puts a smile on my face and a tear in my eye. If I could do it all again, I would in a heartbeat. He is my little miracle!

8 comments:

Kelli said...

Thanks Traci that was sweet.
Thanks for making me cry. You are a great Mom.

Mitchell Family said...

You have one sweet boy there... he is a keeper!

Angela said...

Ohhh I love this post. I am going to do one of these too. It is so easy to forget how great it is to be a mother when we are in the middle of whatever life throws at us. You are a great friend and an amazing mom. We love you.

Brett and Andrea Evers said...

I completely agree. Being a mom is the greatest thing in the world. When Jaron smiles at me when I walk in the room or holds his little arms up when he wants me to pick him up...it melts my heart. Tell you cousin that nothing compares to the joy a child brings into your life.

Misty Moncur said...

That's funny, because if I could do it again, I'd forget the kids and work on my career. But I certainly wouldn't give them up now that I've got them.

I know if I'd been asked in YW what my goals were, motherhood wouldn't have been one of them. And that was 15 years ago, so it's not something that's new. I've actually been thinking about it a lot lately, that I wish someone in YW or seminary or somewhere had told me motherhood was...likely to happen, I guess.
I look at all my friends I went to college with, brilliant women and we all had such high hopes and lovely career oriented dreams and they are all just mamas now, too. And I look at all the guys we went to school with and they are fighter pilots and archeologists and accountants and own their own businesses and all these amazing things that we girls were told we could be, too.
And we could, can still, if we give up the one thing we're supposed to do. Not that you can't have a job and be a great mother, too. I certainly do, but it's an available job that works around my family life, a job that we fit in because we have to. Some women "have it all" but it's definitely not the norm.
And it's tough that men (I'm totally generalizing here) can choose which career suits them best, their desires, their skills, their interests, and women, if they choose it, all come at the same career with a varied set of skills and interest levels.

Man, that's long, but I told you, I've been thinking about it lately. Tell those girls to plan on being mothers!

The Nielsen Family said...

What a great post! I gave that lesson in YW and I asked that same question and I only had 1 girl that said that she wanted to be a mom, she was the first one and no one followed and said that. So, I said so only one of you want to be a mom? Then they all jumped aboard, it was kind of sad, not what I expected from my girls.

Kathy Huntsman said...

Oh this post just made me cry a bit! I am so HAPPY to say that even with my 4 kids so close together and life as busy crazy as it is, I wouldn't trade motherhood for ANYTHING!! I just have to look at their sweet faces to know that am the luckiest person alive!

me said...

Okay I have to comment on this post. I LOVE being a mom and as long as I can remember its what ive always wanted to do. I am very blessed in that I have the opportunity to stay home and raise my children. It is a HARD job and there are a lot of days that I dont necessarily like it...with that being said I LOVE LOVE being a mom and would not trade it for the world. To the person who said we JUST get to be moms...are you kidding? Our job is harder and more rewarding than any other job out there. Its not JUST anything...in this world it is the very most important job there is. If people only knew how amazing it is to have children and had the right focus in this life oh how much nicer things would be. When we leave this life all we will have is our families...not money for that high paying, "successful" career, no designer clothes, no big houses...we will have our children and thats what matters!