CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 7

What A Week I'm Having

It all started on Monday at work. Darrel sent me a text message saying that his grandpa had died that morning. I picked up the phone and called him immediately. He did not answer so I called his mom at work and she answered in tears. He was still alive, but had pulled his oxygen out during the night and was in a coma like state. They did not expect him to live much longer because he had previously stated he did not want to be revived, hooked up to life support or taken to a hospital. We decided that we were going to head to Colorado Tuesday morning to see if we could say goodbye. At two o'clock that afternoon, we got the call. He had died. We were on the road right after.
We spent Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday in Montrose going through seventy five years of paperwork, collectibles, and personal belongings. It was a sad, memorable, empty, yet hilarious time for everyone. Darrel had his surgery scheduled for Friday morning at seven, so we had to leave on Thursday night, the night before the funeral. We were very sad to miss it, but are very grateful to have been able to pay our respects to him and say goodbye at the family viewing.
I will always remember Grandpa Clarence for his off the wall humor. For the time he mooned me when they were taking a family picture and for the love he had for his sweet wife Kathy who died two years ago of cancer. We will miss him.

We are now in Heber at the cabin trying to get in a little rest and relaxation before we begin another week. Darrel had his gallbladder removed on Friday morning and is so sore. He is recouperating fine, but longs to be outside on the snowmobiles. He has had a rough week and we hope this the end of bad luck for us for a while!

3 comments:

Brett and Andrea Evers said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I'm really glad that the surgery went well. I've been wondering how things went. I hope his recovery is quick. Have fun in Heber!

Dave and Melissa said...

Goodness---when it rains, it poors! I'm so sorry for all that you are dealing with. I'm keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers. Again, I'm so sorry! I hope the sun starts shinning again soon!

Kelli said...

You need to post pictures of the Flag. Hehehehe.