My Grandpa Tye died in July of last year. One of my favorite memories of Grandpa was that he always had a song to sing. Ever since he passed away, I started noticing how much I sing around the house too. I am so grateful that Jaxon, even at three, has picked up that gene from his Great Grandpa Tye as well and enjoys singing for all occasions.
When I am washing his hair in the tub, he makes sure we sing, " I love to sing, sing in the bath tub." ( A old Sesame Street diddy from when I was his age.) When he finds his guitar he got for Christmas, we have to sing "Jesus Wants Me For A Sunbeam," while he jams out. Here are a few of his latest claims to fame:
*We sing "Yankie Doodle went to Town." He always has to sing the last part of the song. He believes it goes like this, "And tallded Madahoni."
*Jax and I were sitting in the living room. I was surfing the internet and he was reading a book. All of sudden I heard him start singing this song, "Who's Johnny? She says. Who's Johnny?" And he kept repeating it. It took me about five minutes to figure out what song he was singing because I had no idea he had even heard that one before. He told me that his Papa Tye sings it!










No comments:
Post a Comment