CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 25

Eating on a Budget

I wanted to post one of my all time favorite "Cooking on a Budget Recipes," in case we are ever this broke again and need to make a meal with what we have in the pantry. If you are feeling the money pinch, try this little ditty and the glorius taste may surprise you.

Pancake Chicken
2 chicken breasts
Pancake Batter Mix
vegetable oil
salt
Mix enough pancake batter for about 10 medium sized pancakes. Cut chicken breats into little bite size pieces and stir into pancake batter. Once the chicken is coated in batter, place each piece into a cast iron skillet with hot vegetable oil and fry on each side until brown, around 2-4 minutes per side. Remove from oil and sprinkle with salt. We love to make these with homemade french fries.

Jaxon, Darrel and I devour this disgustingly fattening meal quite frequently and love, love, love it, which may or may not be the reason my lady hips are approaching the size of China!



2 comments:

John and Charese said...

Ummm... not sure, but I will have to try it. Anything fried is definatly great! I will let you know when we try it!

Misty Moncur said...

Hmm...Hmmm...Hmmm...