CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 5

A Little of This and a Lot of That

I sluffed work on Monday. It started out for a good purpose. I had a tiny bit of insulin left in the bottle and no back ups in the fridge, so I had to get it refilled Monday morning before I left for work. By the time I got into Salt Lake, it was 11:00 and Karin was going to Lagoon. WHAT? It turned out that Jax and I decided to tag along. It was a bunch of fun. Jax got soaking wet within the first few hours and his lips turned purple soon after that. That did not stop him from riding more "big kid" rides than Karin though. In addition to the fantastic kiddie rides, he conquered The Musical Express, The Scrambler, The Tilt A Whirl, The Log Ride, Rattlesnake Rapids and the waterslide thing you ride a raft down. It was fun and after 8 consecutive rides on the Crash Cars (the Bumper Cars), we called it a day. Karin and I could barely stand and Jax was ready for more. I wish I had his energy!

We had to redo the vinyl on one of the windows at The Purple Cow in Tooele this weekend. One of the windows broke, so after it was replaced, Holly, Matt and Darrel headed to the store to replace it. They worked on that sucker for a few hours and gave up after they could not get it straight. The owner was not impressed with the outcome and called Holly to rip her a new one. So, after Holly conviently left to vacation in sunny, luxurious Phoenix, Darrel, Matt and I went back and retried. It took one strip of purple and two vinyl lettering printouts to get it, but I have not heard any complaints yet. I am still keeping my fingers crossed however!

WE HAVE GRASS! Not a lot of grass, but there are green spears protruding out of the lovely horse manure that has covered my front yard for the last three weeks. I love it and cannot wait for the last trace of poop to give way to a beautiful, lucious lawn that I can look at and enjoy!

My dad gave me a bike out of his shed about a month ago. It is forest green and rust colored. By rust colored, I mean actual rust! I think this bike may have been from the early nineties. It was free however, and since you can not put a pricetag on memories, I love it. Jax and I ride around the neighborhood after work. It is fun to able to relax and do something with Jaxon after the stress of the work day! As soon as he sees me, he asks if I am ready to go and ride. Maybe this kid will give me the extra UMPH I need to get into shape.

I am going to try to start tapping into my crafty genius side. I know it is in there somewhere. It has to be. My mom is very clever and crafty. She used to toll paint like nobodies business and had her own booth at a local boutique. Stephanie can decorate any room in her house to look like a model home. Lynndi sewed all the curtains, bed sheets and pillows for baby Brees cute nursery. Kellie can see something cute a craft store, decide she could make it, go home and put together the cutest decoration I have ever seen, by adding her own ideas to it. Karin can take the ugliest outfit ever off the rack at any store and make it look amazing by adding a sash, some jewelry or a different, contrasting color. I must have inherited this trait somewhere along the way and it is my goal to figure out where it has been hibernating.

4 comments:

Kellie said...

You make lots of crafty things. All your vinyl projects, recipe card holders, Jaxons cute room, that picture thing you made for your mother in law... Girl, you are crafty.

Misty Moncur said...

Yeah, it sounds like there's a crafter in you after all.

John and Charese said...

Sounds like fun! But I hope you got your insulin filled as well! :) It has been awhile since I have been able to go enjoy Lagoon. You are such a good mom, looks like you have lots of fun with your little man.

Brittany Merrill said...

OMGOSH!! YOUR FAMILY IS SO CUTE! PLEASE EMAIL ME PERSONALLY ABOUT ALL YOU WERE THINKING OF EARLIER THIS YEAR WHEN YOU WANTED TO CONTACT ME. I TRIED TO EMAIL YOU BUT IT WOULDN'T WORK...SO TRY ME FIRST!! bitsyboo25@gmail.com...I'd love to hear what you wanted to tell me & I have so much to talk about too! ;)