On Sunday, Jaxon and I decided that we wanted to go for a bike ride around the neighborhood. We did not want Darrel to feel left out, so we asked if he wanted to come. He does not have a bicycle, so he opted to ride Jaxons little four wheeler. We were all ready to go when Jax decided he wanted to ride with dad on the four wheeler instead of on his tricycle. He jumped on the four wheeler and we were off. We rode for only fifteen minutes or so, because my poor fat body is way too out of shape for a longer ride and ended up back at the house. I then decided that I wanted to take the four wheeler for a spin. So, I hopped on it with Jax and we looped around the block. It wasn't long before Jax was ready to go again, so again, we started around the block. We were only about two houses down the street when Jax decided he wanted to turn and go a different way without slowing down. This little manuever caused my body to shift which then caused the four wheeler to roll onto its side, leaving me and Jax sprawled out across the lovely concrete road.
Oh yeah, did I forget to mention that we were not wearing our helmets? Yep, we weren't. This could have been because I am a horrible mother. This could have been because I am super safe. The real reason that we didn't put them on is simply because I did not think about it. I am a huge supporter of wearing of helmets and can not believe that I did not think about putting them on even once. I am here to let everyone know, that I should have thought about it. It should have been a natural thought when I slipped the key into the ignition. It wasn't and I feel bad, okay. Now get off my back everyone. I already feel bad about it!
Anyway, here are the results of the crash....
(This one hurts the most! Not the road rash part of it, but the internal soreness in the spot I initially landed on, in the fall!)
(This one comes in a close second. It is extremely painful to wear socks and shoes to work and I cringe every step I take!)
(I am pretty sure that this would have resulted in a huge black eye if we had not applied the sugar water home rememdy we learned from Aunt Kenalou!)










5 comments:
Way to go Traci. Glad everyone is ok. It could have been worse.
Don't you love that sugar water thing? Actually it came from one of my sister in laws missionary baptisms in Guam. She taught it to my mother in law who does day care. Many times I picked up my kids with sugar on their foreheads. I told my mom about it and apparently she is passing around the remedy. Glad you are okay.
OUCH!!! Stuff happens, your a great Mother... you can't do it all! Next time you hopefully will not have to think about getting the helmets on, bets are he will remember first! You're a fantastic mother, quit beating yourself up!
Dummy!! I am glad you guys are safe though.
WOW~ I am so glad, all is well. No worries! It is just a good reminder for the rest of your lives! :) I am sure Jaxon, has already forgiven you! You are a great mom, I'm sure of it!
Post a Comment