Earlier this month, I went shopping at Costco and decided that since Darrel and Jax were gone for father and sons that evening, I would stop and browse in their book section to see if anything sparked my interest. I saw that they had
The Host by Stephenie Meyer available. I heard a little about this book from the authors website and had read the blogs of others who had already purchased and finished the book. I knew that it was about aliens and sci-fi garbage, but I had read her vampire series and enjoyed that read, so I thought, what the heck, I will give it a whirl! I grabbed a refill from the gas station and headed to my parents house, snuggled into the porch swing and tried to lose myself in another novel (something my husband can't stand, so I do it everytime he is out of town!). I read about three chapters before I was annoyed with the book and decided I favored sleep over this novel. It was weird. It contained characters by the names Seeker, Comforter and Healer. It had a story line that was weirder than I had ever imagined. I could not believe that after turning the first page of the vampire series, I was not able to put it down, and this novel left me wanting so much more. I tucked the book away and would read it occassionally if I thought about it.
On Memorial Day, I was terribly bored. The weather was too horrible to go on a four wheeler ride, I had already done three loads of laundry and I wanted to relax. I picked the book up again. By chapter ten, I was beginning to get interested, by chapter fourteen, I was intrigued and by chapter 17, I was hooked. I have had that dang book by my side since then, reading whenever I was not on the clock. I finished it this morning at 1:00. All 619 pages of the blasted thing. I ignored Jaxon, I didn't make dinner and I haven't finished my laundry yet. But the book is over!
It was a great read. I think I will have to re-read the first ten chapters now that I have finished and see if it holds my attention better. Anyway, if you are looking for an escape out of your daily stresses, try this book out. You never know, you may start believing in aliens!
3 comments:
Sean doesn't understand why I like to read either but he doesn't mind if I do.
Ever heard of a football widow? My husband is a reading widower. Okay. That was lame.
I haven't read any of Stephenie Meyer. I don't want to be on the bandwagon I guess. But you'd recommend her?
HI TRACI! You have such a cute family! I am glad we can track each other now. Glad to see all is well.
Post a Comment