CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 11

The Unrein Update

- On Saturday, Darrel, Jaxon and I met up with Lynndi, Ryan and Bree and headed to the peaceful town of Morgan to shop. Lynndi made a deal with her husband, she would shop with him on Saturday, if he would let her work on her photography Sunday. So, we all headed to the infamous Browning outlet store. Did anyone else know that they do not sell guns there? Nope, they only sell apparel and camo vinyl for your vehicles. We went for Ryans sake, but left with two shirts for Jaxon and camo vinyl for the rear window of Darrels truck. NICE! - Saturday night we headed to Brigham City for dinner. I had personally heard that Maddox was to die for. So we wanted to try it. I was not impressed. One of my neighbors raves about the chicken fried steak and often drives down there to buy some to store in her freezer. NO.THANKS. Next time I want to eat some steak two hours from home, I am thinking I will head to Tepanyaki, Texas Roadhouse or Ruths Chris. Yep, that is a better idea.

- When there are barricades in the middle of the street, they are mainly to protect your vehicle, I am almost positive. My husband thought he was supposed to turn into the restaurant a little too early. Instead of getting back on the designated road, he decided to drive in between the barriers for about a quarter of a mile. Turns out there are big nails in there and one just happened to inject into our rear left tire. At this point, I would like to give a shout out to Savanna, Dan and family for letting us park in the Hansen Family Motors lot and change over to the spare. I would also like to give a shout out to Jax, Lynndi and Bree for keeping me and camera company on the detour. - I am still recovering from Girls camp. I can not seem to find enough sleep time. I have looked all around the house and have come up empty. I have tried to bribe the babysitters to let Jax stay up all day long so that he will sleep on the way home. It has not worked out too well yet. I need some new options. This weekend we have a big boating trip with the YM/YW from 7:30am-10:30pm on Saturday. Wish me luck. I may fake sick to get out of going!

- In Young Womens this week, our lesson was on Forgiving Ourselves. I decided that I would bring a picture of myself and tape it to the floor. I made up a sin, (I think I went to the Taco Bell drive thru, got my food and drove off without paying for it!) then went through the five steps of repentance. I did not however forgive myself so I took out of one of my insulin needles and used it as dart. I stabbed myself in the forehead with it. I then let the other girls in the class throw darts at my picture too. They made up sins that they could not forgive themselves for. After my face was covered with insulin syringe darts, I peeled back my picture and had a picture of Christ behind it, with the needles still attached, to show that we not only hurt us by not forgiving ourselves, but we also hurt God. Anyway, I just could not believe how much 12 & 13 year old girls love needles. They wanted to take them home. YIKES! I am beginning to really enjoy my calling and all of the nasty object lessons I can justify.

- Lately, our neighbors and good friends have taken us boating. We really enjoying being on the water and I have loved my new "modest" swimsuit. (None of the ones previously pictured!) Who knew that I could actually ski? I used to ski all the time in high school, but since then, I have had trouble pulling myself up. Turns out, I still got it. I just have to ski behind an older boat that doesn't go 0 to 60 in 2.5 seconds. That seems to rip the rope out of my hands before I even know what is happening. I feel liberated and it is grand. Alright, I think that is all for now. Until next time, suckers!

3 comments:

John and Charese said...

HELLO~ you should have called! I live in Morgan! I would have met up with ya to shop! or lunch! Next time...

Savanna said...

I am with you on the Maddox... not all it's cracked up to be, and right now with the construction it's not fun to figure out how to get there. I am glad to lend you our services at Hansen Chevrolet. We are always there for you. :)

Tiff said...

you are freakin' hilarious!! glad all turned out well. i agree about the maddox!!