This weekend went by too fast. It started out with girls night on Friday. My sister in law, Holly, and I were able to go and see South Pacific at the Sandy Ampitheater. It was a bit too cheesy and over the top for me, but we decided it was a nice get away and think we may get season tickets, just to pamper ourselves occasionally. Maybe the next time we go, we will get to actually see 'The Sound of Music" like we intially thought. Thanks to Holly and Joyce for a night of free food, free plays and free lei's. It turned out to be just what the doctor ordered.
Immediately following the play, I picked Kellie up at my parents house and we headed to Heber. Darrel and Jaxon were already there waiting for us. We got in around 11:15 that night and then watched Penelope. What a cute movie. (I watched it a few more times before we headed home on Sunday.) We also hit the outlet mall. Darrel needed some new sunglasses. Turns out everyone was having back to school sales! I bought Jax three outfits at OshKosh for his birthday and I bought myself two pairs of pants at Old Navy's sale of the century. All of their pants were $12.00. That is cheaper than WalMart people. I was in heaven. After shopping we met my parents for dinner at Don Pedros and headed back to the cabin, to enjoy the swings and birthday cake. That night, we watched 21 and Definately Maybe. That was an awesome show too. Finally on Sunday afternoon we cleaned up and headed home, just in time to invite ourselves over to the neighbors.
We left the neighbors last night around ten and when we pulled up to our house there was some sort of huge bird flying above it. Darrel positioned the car well enough to shine our brights on it and realized that it was a white owl. I ran and grabbed my camera and took a picture of it in our tree seconds before it flew away. It was the prettiest thing I have seen in a long time.
Monday, August 25
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










4 comments:
i'm glad that you had a good weekend! you deserve it!
Hey Traci, thanks for letting me view your blog! Don't you just love the weekends at the cabin? It's such a nice get away. And Ben and I went to the outlets, too when we went to park city. Amazing sales! :) How is the little girl that got ran over? Were you able to get a hold of the PICU and find out everything?
Hey, I like your new background!
HEY.....you made it sound like a cheap date!! ;)
Love the new page!!
Post a Comment