CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 29

PLUG

For the last few months (four to be exact), I have only worn my left contact. My right contact ripped sometime ago and we could not afford to go the doctor. I kind of got used to seeing everything far away, but nothing up close.
I finally got to go to the eye doctor yesterday. He was a new one that I hadn't seen before. My mom referred me to him. Included with my new patient paperwork, was a letter that stated a patients contact fitting and placement would be charged in addition to the copay. We were looking at around $75.00 - 125.00. Before I even sat down, I was sick. When I got into the appointment, the doc asked me why I had only one contact in? I told him that my husbands business went down hill fast, we are constantly worried about our next bill and I could not justify a need for myself when I felt my son needed a home and food.
The doctor looked at me and said this, "I will just tell you flat out. Our prices can not compete with Costco on these contacts I am prescribing for you. I will write you a prescription, you take it there." WHAT? Aren't all doctors money hungry? He then proceeded to hand me a bunch of coupons and sent me up to the counter with my paperwork to check out.
At the checkout counter, the receptionist took the paperwork, pulled out her calculator and told me, "Looks like you owe us $20.00." It was at this point that I passed out!
Okay, I didn't really faint, but I could not believe that the doctor was so nice to little old me. I could have been lying. I could have just put it on my credit card. Instead, I used the last twenty dollar bill in my wallet and left the office grateful for a doctor who cares.
Here is my plug. If anyone in Salt Lake is looking for an eye doctor, give this guy a call. He is super nice, fast and has a great heart. His name is Dr. Gayer at the Ungricht Eye Institute.

4 comments:

The Nielsen Family said...

It's nice to hear there are some heroes left in this world.

Kelli said...

That must have been a nice feeling. Great score.

Brittany Merrill said...

Geez, there's still nice people in this world! YAY for you! How did you last so long with one contact? I would NEVER survive!

Tiff said...

how stinkin' nice! that's the kind of doctor that i like. there are not too many of them left out there. i bet that made your day though?