CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 22

DENVER

We are back! After what seemed like an eternity, we are finally home. I love vacations, I love getting away and I LOVE Denver, but I also love the feeling of "coming home!" I love that my home smells like stinky old me and not anothers lifestyle, I love that my bed has my shape molded into the mattress and I love that I can throw my clothes on the floor and not worry about it until laundry day! We did have a really great time in Denver though and can not wait to go back.

Our plane landed in Denver on Thursday night. Jaxon was thrilled when he not only got to ride on the airplane, but also ride on a "train" to the baggage claim and a "school bus" to the rental car lot. The rental car facility was HELL! I thought that Darrel might have to consume his whole bottle of happy pills in less than two hours! Advantage Rent A Car would not give us the car we reserved because they did not have one available. They would not give us an upgrade either unless we paid a higher price. Anyway to make a long story short, Darrel made them shuttle him to Enterprise to rent a different car. We ended up spending more than double what our original rental would have cost, but at least we made our point!

We also met up with a MAC tool distributor that we attended Tool School with in Ohio. He lives in Denver so we met for breakfast at Gunther Toody's. It was really fun to see him again and to meet his whole family. Jaxon got a nifty balloon hat from the clown there, which made his whole day perfect!

The most exciting adventure in Denver this year was Denvers Downtown Aquarium. Jaxon loved this aquarium. We had Raelynns wedding that we had to get to, so we were a little rushed on time, but we enjoyed it and were able to take lots of pictures.
Denvers Downtown Aquarium

JT deep sea diving
JT's signature smile. This fish was huge!

JT found a way to get inside with the starfish

JT on the bridge accross from the tigers.

Scuba Divers in the shark tank


JT and Dad petting a stingray

On Sunday at 2:00 we headed back to the airport. We were traveling with Darrels uncle Kyle who uses a wheelchair so we needed to be at the airport early. Jaxon sat at this little kiosk for almost an hour playing video games. He was not really playing, because we did not put any money in the game, but he did not know that! It was a great babysitter. We finally got home last night at 10:00 pm, thanks to a problem with the airplanes computers, but we had fun! I will put up pictures of the wedding soon, so check back!


2 comments:

Kellie said...

I love the picture with Jaxon in his balloon hat. The girl behind him is the best part. She looks pretty annoyed!

Lynndi said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. You are great parents to take Jaxon to all that fun stuff. I love his hat too. I am so excited to do things like that with the baby.